For some time, we have a link with the Amazon Echo. It already worked for your Now buttons, but is now expanded with support for Toon.
Add Olisto to Amazon Echo
I assume that you have an Amazon Echo and know how to add skills. Pay attention: at this moment we only support the English and the American version of the Amazon Echo with the corresponding app/website.
Download the skill for the Amazon Echo. In order to use it, link Olisto to your Amazon Echo via the app/website of Amazon. You do not do this via Olisto.
Amazon Echo and Toon
If you already linked Toon to Olisto, you can control your Toon via Alexa. This is possible with the following texts
- Alexa, turn on sleeping/comfort/away/home scheme
- Alexa, set/change thermostat/temperature to … (degrees)
- Alexa, what is the thermostat set to?
- Alexa, what temperature is my thermostat set to?
- Alexa, what is the temperature inside/in the house?
- Alexa, make thermostat warmer (1 degree is automatically added)
- Alexa, increase/raise thermostat
- Alexa, decrease/lower thermostat
Additional information in commando’s
At the last three you get a dialogue. Alexa asks you how many degrees the thermostat has to be changed. Your answer can be for instance “with one degree” or “with three degrees”. Pay attention that you use always “degree(s)” in your answer, otherwise Alexa does not understand it very well. You can also give the temperature directly with the increase and decrease command. For example, you can say “Alexa, increase thermostat with two degrees”.
Furthermore, Alexa will always report back in full degrees when setting the temperature. So if you, for instance, set the temperature to 17,5 degrees, Alexa reports 18 degrees back. After this, when you ask what the temperature is, you do get the right information back in half degrees. Unfortunately, this is one of the restrictions in Alexa.